Table of Contents
YouTube is the leading platform for independent content creators. There are over 31 million YouTube channels, and the number continues to grow. YouTube became a way of life and a source of income for creatives.
So what do you need to make YouTube videos that are successful? In this article, we show you some of the essential equipment for recording. Read on to discover how to make YouTube videos.
What Do You Need to Make YouTube Videos?
Making YouTube videos requires a few crucial pieces of equipment and software. Don’t fret, we’ve got a list of what you need right here.
A camera is an essential piece of equipment for making YouTube videos. Choosing a camera may depend on your type of content and your experience. Check out the following types of cameras.
- Camcorder – compact, lightweight, affordable, and versatile
- Webcam – ideal for filming video games and hosting live streams
- Action Camera – popular for travel and extreme sports
- Mirrorless Camera – can shoot like a DSLR but with a lightweight body
- DSLR – professional videography and photography
You don’t need the best camera on the market to make good videos. If you’re first starting, consider getting a webcam or a camcorder. You may upgrade to better cameras as you progress.
Audio quality is as essential as visual quality. You may be losing viewers if your audio is unintelligible. Check out these external microphones.
- USB Mic – usually attached to headphones
- Condenser Mic – Can capture vocals and high frequencies
- Shotgun Mic – Ideal for pairing with professional cameras
- Lapel Mic – clips onto your belt or clothes
Built-in camera and laptop microphones usually deliver lousy quality. Choose the right type of microphone to fit your content.
Tripod or Gimbal Stabilizer
Make your content look more professional by using a tripod. It can help you stabilize your videos and prevent shaky footage. Most tripods are affordable and can support any camera setup.
You may also consider getting a gimbal stabilizer. This is ideal if you often hold your camera. Gimbals have motors and weights that help balance your camera.
Lighting is essential if you often film indoors. Good lighting equipment can help enhance ambient light. It can also set a mood or tone for your setup.
- Softbox – diffuses light to prevent harsh shadows
- Umbrella Light – delivers more controlled lighting
- Ring Light – popular among vloggers and beauty gurus
- On-camera lighting – mounted onto the camera to produce a continuous light
Good lighting can enhance a video’s quality. Want to know how to make the lighting look professional? Check out the three-point lighting setup.
What do you need to make YouTube videos? Find a good video editor for post-production. Many prominent YouTubers hire editors for their videos.
But as a new YouTuber, learning how to edit your videos can be an essential skill. You can enhance color, apply effects, or a custom background if you have a green screen. Check out this link if you’re looking for a green screen background.
One of the most popular programs is Adobe Premiere Pro. This program helps you achieve a high-tier level of editing. You can try out their 7-day trial or check out other free options.
Produce the Best YouTube Videos Today!
What do you need to make YouTube videos? We hope this guide here provided the answers you seek. Of course, it doesn’t end here; your YouTube success also relies on good marketing and good content.
Don’t worry, we’ve got the content you need to keep moving forward. Read about the best marketing tips and learn how to make quality content through our other guides today!