Have you ever seen a Vcruntime140_1 dll Error message on your Windows while accessing any application or games? The message pops up something like this –
“The program is unable to start as vcruntime140_1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the issue.”
vcruntime140_1 dll is a common error that people can often get on Windows. Fortunately, the Vcruntime140_1 dll Error is very prevalent and simple to fix. Any file error that begins with VCRUNTIME or ends with MSVCP is linked to Microsoft Visual C++. This redistributable bundle allows developers to create custom applications.
These support data are not always added to the original installation directory of a particular application. So, what exactly is vcruntime140_1.dll error in Windows? Find out below.
VCRUNTIME140 1.dll – What is It?
Once folks attempt to run a Windows program, they will likely get the “Vcruntime140 1.dll is missing or not found” error. These errors can occur for various factors.
For example, if a Vcruntime140 1.dll file has been removed from your system or if a virus has distorted the file, one might very well receive the Vcruntime140_1 dll Error. A corrupted Windows operating system can also cause such problems.
Assume the file is not present in your system. In that scenario, there’s a good possibility you will be unable to initiate the associated program or accomplish a specific operation of the application, which is reliant on the Vcruntime140 1.dll file. Remember, however, that these errors are not rare in Windows.
Many people seem to believe VCRUNTIME140 1.dll is a malicious programme that inhibits them from using the program. VCRUNTIME140 1.dll, on the other hand, is a Microsoft runtime archive that assists in the program execution and software generated with Microsoft Visual Studio.
As a result, it’s required if you want to run a Microsoft Visual Studio-created application. It also improves the application’s performance and keeps it from crashing. Although the file is not part of the Windows operating system, it is frequently required for third-party applications to work correctly.
Tips to Fix Vcruntime140_1 dll Error
As with others, there are various techniques you can attempt to fix the problem. However, neither of the methods assures a perfect fix, but they may resolve the issues for 90% of users. Follow these steps below to resolve the VCRUNTIME140 1.dll was not found error on your system:
- Go to: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads (in a new tab).
- There are three versions available on the website: x86, x64, and ARM64. What you require is determined by the application you are trying to launch. If you’re not quite sure, install both x86 and x64.
- Both files must be installed. To install Visual C++, accept the license terms and click Install. If you can not see the option ‘Install’ but can see ‘Repair’, select ‘Repair’. Your Visual C++ setup could be corrupted or broken.
- Try running the application after installing Visual C++. This should work correctly.
- You have the choice of deleting the setup file. However, do not deactivate Visual C++ because it will cause confusion and errors again. It is preferable to keep all versions installed.
You must now be confident that you will be able to correct the Vcruntime140_1 dll Error with the solutions listed above. If folks still need further guidance and clarifications regarding this issue, they should visit authentic sites that help them fix the problem with elaborate explanations.