Table of Contents
- What’s a Ketogenic Diet?
- 1. Low-Carb Lemon and Blueberry Cupcakes
- 2. Keto Peanut Butter Fudge
- 3. Matcha Coconut Cupcakes
- 4. Healthy No Churn Workout Protein Ice Cream
- 5. Chocolate Bark with Bacon and Almonds
- Enjoy Your Ketogenic Desserts
The Keto diet was the most popular diet in 2018, and there are no signs that it’ll slow down in 2019. Ketogenic desserts are among the most sought after recipes. Although there’s a false assumption that the diet avoids sweets and desserts, people are still in search of the recipes.
Keep on reading for more!
What’s a Ketogenic Diet?
A Ketogenic diet is one that is primarily made up of high-fat foods. These include butter, meat, cheese, eggs, fish, and oils. It also contains very low-carb vegetables like leafy greens and cauliflower.
The diet aims to make the body burn fat for fuel as opposed to using glucose. This state is known as ketosis. To maintain it, followers of the diet must restrict their intake of carbohydrates to 50g daily.
They also restrict their protein intake, as this can also break down into glucose. The Keto diet is a callous regime to adhere to as there’s also a limit to fruit intake. People who’ve used the food for years have attested that it works by wiping out constant hunger.
They recommend it for various diseases like asthma and psoriasis. Let’s now get straight into some samples of Ketogenic desserts you may want to try.
1. Low-Carb Lemon and Blueberry Cupcakes
Cupcakes are the best way to control your food portions. You can have them frozen, or you can bake them as one cake. If you want to prep great cookies, you can visit this page for more information.
- 110g melted butter
- 4tbsp granulated sweetener
- 50g coconut flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 2tbsp lemon zest
- 8 medium eggs
- 120g fresh blueberries
How to Make the Cupcakes
- In a medium size bowl, put the melted butter, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, lemon juice, vanilla, and zest. Mix them.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing the ingredients with each addition.
- Taste the batter to ensure the sweetener is enough. The other flavors should also mask out the taste of coconut from the flour.
- Divide the mixture into 12 portions. Put each in a cupcake case.
- Press in some blueberries in the cupcake batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180C/354F. They should acquire a golden color on the outside and look cooked on the outside. Since ovens vary, keep testing the cupcakes as they bake.
- Cover them with sugar-free frosting with lemon or vanilla flavor. You can garnish with fresh blueberries or lemon zest. They are ready to serve.
2. Keto Peanut Butter Fudge
This is a sugar-free, low carb paleo treat that you can prepare in only a few minutes. It’s portable and requires no refrigeration. Texture-wise, it’s smooth, creamy and melts quickly. It uses no condensed milk, dairy, sugar, or flour.
- Smooth Peanut butter
- Coconut oil
- Mix the coconut oil and peanut butter and stir to a smooth texture
- Add the sweetener
- Freeze until the mixture becomes firm. Your fudge is ready to serve.
3. Matcha Coconut Cupcakes
This Ketogenic dessert is full of wholesome protein. It comes from the coconut butter, coconut milk, and the matcha powder. Use high-quality matcha to avoid eating flax too often.
- ¼ cup and 1tbsp coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut butter/manna
- ¼ cup swerve or any other sweetener
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp ground flax seeds
- ½ cup hot water
- Pinch of salt
For the Frosting
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ tsp. matcha powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. swerve
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Apply butter to 6 wells of a muffin tin.
- Put the coconut butter in a bowl and add the water. Stir until smooth and well mixed.
- Add the flax, vanilla, salt, and swerve and leave for a few minutes
- In a separate container, mix the coconut flour and baking powder
- Add the flour and mix until there are no lumps
- Divide into muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool. You can freeze them for 30 minutes to prevent them from falling apart.
For the Frosting
- Put all the frosting ingredients in a blender and pulverize until smooth. Spoon the mixture over the chilled cupcakes and sprinkle with dried coconut if you like.
4. Healthy No Churn Workout Protein Ice Cream
This is another Ketogenic dessert that requires only three ingredients. You can enjoy it as a hard scoop or soft serve style. It is low carb, sugar-free, and dairy free.
- 2 cans of coconut milk, 14 oz each
- 1-4 scoops of vanilla powder
- 1-2 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Place a large deep pan in the freezer.
- Using a food processor or blender, blend the coconut milk until smooth and creamy. Add the sweetener and protein powder and blend again until thick.
- Transfer the protein ice cream to the pan. Keep mixing it for the first 30 minutes to prevent it from becoming too icy.
- Thaw for 15 minutes before serving. For a soft-serve style, let it thaw to the desired texture.
5. Chocolate Bark with Bacon and Almonds
It’ll only take you three ingredients to get this sugar free Ketogenic dessert. It’s so easy to make, and you have no excuse to fall off the low card wagon.
- 1 bag 9 oz lily’s dark chocolate baking chips
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 2 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- In a microwave-safe bowl put the chocolate chips on a high for 30 seconds. Microwave again for 30 seconds and stir. Do this for another 15 seconds and stir the last time. You want to make sure all the chocolate chips have melted.
- Add the almonds to the chocolate and stir.
- On a parchment lined a baking sheet, pour the mixture in ½ inch thick layer.
- Sprinkle the bacon on the chocolate mixture an press
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes until all the chocolate is hard. Peel the parchment from the chocolate. Break into 8 pieces and store in the fridge.
Enjoy Your Ketogenic Desserts
As people search for health-friendly diets, most of them discover the Keto diet at some point. With it comes several Ketogenic desserts that one can try out. Most of them are sugar-free, low card, and very easy to make.
Thanks to the all Keto-friendly ingredients available on the market, you can enjoy a piece of while keeping your carbs low. By mastering the above easy-to-make desserts, you’re good to go.
If you’re following Keto diet for weight loss, here are essential tips you can use.