Cleaning a rental accommodation at the end of the tenancy agreement is something which the tenant has to do and is crucial in them obtaining the full amount of their security deposit. If you want to be sure that you will not be missing a single speck of dust, you can simply use our ultimate end of tenancy cleaning checklist! It will help you ensure that every task is done.
This checklist is also suitable for landlords when inspecting the unit against the inventory report, in order to make sure that the tenant has fulfilled all expectations.
First things first, if you decide to do the move-out cleaning on your own instead of using after tenancy cleaning service, you must remember to leave at least a week for cleaning, as losing out on your money is just not worth an extra few days of chores.
Here are the Checklist
Step one is to remove dust and grime. The easiest way to tackle this is to wipe every room from ceiling to floor.
- Remove all the cobwebs from corners and ceiling.
- Remove dust from curtain rails
- Remove dust and dirt from top of doors
- Remove dust from all reachable surfaces, such as cupboards and wardrobes
- Vacuum and dust both sides of blinds and curtains
- Dust off lampshades and light fittings
- Wipe and polish mirrors and pictures
- Wipe switches and metal ornaments
- Repaint or remove the dirty marks from walls and doors
- Clean extension cords and power sockets
- Vacuum all mattresses and pillows
- Mop hard floors
Unfortunately, mildew and grime are the worst enemy of every bathroom. Showers, toilets, baths and tiles must be cleaned as well as possible.
- Clean taps, fittings and basins
- Remove limescale and hard water stains
- Scrub and rinse soap dispensers
- Scrub and rinse bidet and toilet
- Clean radiators
- Wipe and polish towel rails
- Try to clean plumbing behind toilet
- Clean drains
- Scrub and rinse bath marks and any signs of mildew
- Remove marks and stains from shower screens
- Wipe and polish mirrors and other glass surfaces
- Descale, rinse and clean metal surfaces, taps and showerheads
- Remove dirt from the toothbrush area
- Wipe tiles
- Clean extractor fans
- Empty bins
- Mop floors
Cleaning the kitchen is not an easy task because it is most likely to be the most used room in the unit. Besides, it is exposed to various germs and grime. If cleaning is not your strongest suit, you can always count on fastendoftenancycleaning.co.uk to do the hard work. Otherwise, roll up your sleeves and let’s get some work done!
- Wipe all worktops and countertops
- Wash and polish the sink area
- Clean inside drawers and cupboards
- Dust all shelves
- Throw any leftover food away
- Wash and polish sinks
- Shine taps
- Remove limescale
- De-grease wall tiles and then polish
- Clean and de-grease oven (internally and externally)
- Remove mould growth between grout
- Clean the dishwasher (inside and out)
- Clean the washing machine (inside and out)
- Clean out the refrigerator and freezer
- Clean microwave (inside and out)
- Clean toaster (inside and out)
- Clean grime from hobs and extractors
- Stack and arrange utensils and cutlery
- Clean inside of windows
- Wipe down sills, frames and ledges
- Empty bins and sanitise them
- Wipe door, doorframes, handles, skirting boards and furnishings
- Dust light switches and plugs
- Clean radiators
- Vacuum and mop floors
Please, keep in mind that if you decide to do the move-out cleaning on your own, you should invest at least a week in doing it. Every bit of your rental must be given the attention it needs till it sparkles. After all, the move-out cleaning does not have to so hard if you plan ahead with a smart, detailed checklist. Please note that every lease is different when it comes to expectations and requirements. Some landlords require tenants to hire a professional carpet cleaning service, while others just simply want them to vacuum.
For many people, doing the end of tenancy cleaning is hard, but it is of great importance that you leave your old rental property in a good condition. It does take time and efforts, but having our ultimate checklist helps to make the whole process a lot easier.
Remember that you can always turn to a professional cleaning agency and book and end of tenancy cleaning service.