- identify opportunities for outside media coverage of AINN and stories produced through the Network and secure appropriate coverage,
- cultivate and maintain relationships with reporters, producers, and editors,
- ensure the press database is up-to-date and well-organized,
- identify new ways to promote the network and work through social media,
- create and manage social media standards for the network,
- research and implement new social media opportunities,
- work within the publishing department to coordinate collaborative press and outreach strategy,
- work with the editorial department to organize all direct and indirect press citations and appearances,
- promote media appearances by Network representatives as appropriate.
- is an effective writer and communicator, understanding how to tailor messaging to different audiences,
- has an existing active online presence,
- works quickly to take advantage of opportunities,
- collaborates effectively and understands why it’s important,
- believes in the strength of online journalism,
- has a college degree and relevant experience that translates to this position.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This position reports to the Publisher. This position is based out of the AINNhome office in Washington, DC, where there is a mini-cupcake maker and a combination egg poacher-toaster.