Coronavirus is spreading rapidly again throughout the world. Maybe a lockdown will be announced by the government soon as The USA is also experiencing a shocking number of Covid-19 deaths.
Lockdown or not, we have to eat to survive. There is no alternative to food. And as grocery shopping is still a necessity in this pandemic situation, many get confused regarding how to shop safely. I’ll give you some tips that will help you to stay safe from the virus while shopping for groceries. Let’s get started.
Safety measures to follow while shopping
First thing first, your safety measures. As we can’t survive without food, we have to shop for groceries. But, while doing that, you have to be very cautious. Follow the instructions given below if you don’t want to fall victim to the Coronavirus.
- Prepare a grocery list- Make a grocery list before heading out for shopping. It will help you to return to your home quickly. Buy at least 1 or 2 week’s worth of groceries at a time. But, don’t buy more than you need. It will create an unnecessary shortage of things.
- Personal Protective Measures- Always wear a mask before leaving your house. Use hand gloves and face shield too. Carry alcohol-based wipes and hand sanitizers. Don’t forget to use them after you are done with your shopping.
- Social distancing-. Maintain social distancing while shopping. Visit a less busy grocery shop to avoid the excess crowd. Maintain at least 6 feet distance between you, other shoppers, and grocery store workers. Pay with debit/credit cards if possible.
Safety measures to follow after returning home
After getting back from shopping, you have to follow some safety measures too. They are given below:
- Put off your shoes, mask, and gloves in their designated place.
- Drop your shopping bags in a specific place in your kitchen.
- Wash your hands under running water for at least 20 seconds with hand wash or soap.
Disinfect Groceries Safely
Food and groceries can also spread the germ of Coronavirus. So, you have to disinfect them properly for safe use. Follow the steps given below to disinfect your groceries:
- Unpack Groceries Safely- Unpack your groceries including poultry, meat, vegetables, fruits, eggs, and other perishables as soon as you can after returning from the grocery shop. Throw all the containers and bags into your bins.
- Sanitizing Food- Sanitize your food with vinegar or baking soda by following any DIY method. Then rinse your veggies/fruits under running water to get rid of any remaining particles of baking soda/vinegar. Leave the items in the open air for some time before eating them.
- Disinfect Your Kitchen Counter- After you are done with sanitizing your groceries you must disinfect your kitchen counter. You can use any DIY disinfecting solution or commercially available sanitizer to do so.
Bonus Tip- It’s always a good idea to save your money when facing situations like this. Get your groceries at a cheaper price and Save A Lot weekly ads by getting the best weekly deals from various online shops. So, keep checking on them.
We hope this article will help you to shop safely during this pandemic. Don’t forget to eat healthy foods and always be cautious when you’re going outside.