Table of Contents
Whether it’s the stresses of your job, life, or an event, stress can have a negative impact on your body and overall wellness.
Studies have shown that stress can increase your risk of depression, high blood pressure, and other health complications. It is vital to find healthy ways to relieve stress to maintain optimal health.
Now more than ever, people are ditching pills and finding natural alternatives to stress relief. In this post, we will explore some of the top methods for natural stress relief.
Exercise helps release endorphin chemicals into the brain, which can boost your mood and reduce your perception of pain.
Even only thirty minutes of exercise a day can help reduce stress, depression, and anxiety. Whether it’s taking a quick jog or signing up for hot yoga, research shows that daily exercise can be a natural way to relieve stress.
When you are feeling stressed, sign up for that exercise class you’ve been putting off or visit your local gym for a quick lifting session.
Consider Taking Natural Supplements
Several natural supplements can help relieve stress. Be sure to speak to your doctor before you introduce any new supplements into your routine.
Common supplements for stress relief include:
- Ashwagandha: This herb helps support the function of the adrenal glands (produces stress hormones) and helps regulate stress.
- Lemon Balm: Can help improve mental clarity and has anti-stress properties.
- B-Vitamin Complex: B-Vitamin Complex is a combination of several B vitamins your body needs. It can help improve your mood and reduce stress.
- L-Theanine: Green tea is a natural source of L-theanine, which is one of the many reasons people drink it. It’s also proven to help with relaxation.
- Valerian Root: Valerian root is a common sleep aid, and it also helps reduce feelings of anxiety and depression.
- CBD Oil: Studies show that CBD oil, such as more than hemp CBD oil, can help alleviate anxiety, insomnia, and stress.
Recent studies have found that people who write out their feelings experience a reduction in anxiety and depression. Daily journaling is an effective way to relieve stress as well as gather your thoughts.
Daily journaling can be a simple way to manage stress. Whether you want to write when you wake up or before you go to sleep, take the time to make writing a priority. Try creating a safe, comfortable space where you can write without interruption.
Get Enough Sleep
Many of us don’t get enough sleep. Inadequate sleep can have a physical and mental impact on the body. Achieving a good nights rest can help reduce the feeling of stress.
If you have issues falling, try listening to white noise or meditating to help you relax. It is also best to avoid exercise at least three hours before going to bed.
If you have issues staying asleep, try melatonin or analyzing your sleep positions. Melatonin is a natural sleep aid that may help you stay asleep.
Studies have shown that aromatherapy can affect your mood. It is important to know which essential oils are best for relieving stress.
Certain types of scents can have an immediate effect on your mood, which may help reduce feelings of stress or anxiety. The most common scents from stress relief include eucalyptus, lavender, frankincense, bergamot, and rosemary.
Achieving Natural Stress Relief
Finding helpful ways to relieve stress can help you get one step closer to managing your stress. Natural stress relief is becoming one of the most common ways to reduce stress and ease feelings of anxiety.
For more tips and tricks for health, fitness, and wellness, check out some of our blogs.