Table of Contents Hide
Though there are multiple weight loss regimes to help people with obesity, many people consider a pro ana diet an ultimate solution for healthily eliminating stubborn calories. Generally, this particular diet plan is considered quite aggressive; hence, it is better to learn to follow the diet correctly and stay fit.
This article will discuss a pro ana diet, its pros and cons, pro ana workout, pro ana tips, anorexia in males, and what anorexia recovery meal plans you can follow.
Understanding Pro Ana Diet
Pro ana diet focuses on low carbohydrate intake, requiring 50 grams of carbs daily, a limited amount for daily intake. However, people can increase this amount of carbs over certain periods. Due to this, the diet is known to be unsafe for physical and mental health.
Let’s explore the pros and cons of pursuing this diet.
Pros And Cons Of Pro Ana Diet
Pro ana diet is incredibly effective for people with obesity because it can result in maximum weight reduction due to less carb intake. It also suppresses one’s appetite since it restricts foods that revive hunger.
The main disadvantage of a pro ana diet is that it leads to various nutrient deficiencies. The limited carb intake in this diet plan can lead to muscle atrophy or bone loss over time.
Pro Ana Tips To Follow
Here are some effective pro ana tips you can follow to eliminate stubborn fat.
- Track your calories, as it will allow you to learn whether you need more or fewer calories. You can take help from different apps available for IOS and android.
- Brush your teeth more than twice a day. Doing this will help you stay fresh and reduce your appetite.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day since your body requires a lot of water to function correctly. Plus, if you are on a pro ana diet, drinking more water will keep you energized, which aids in doing activities and exercises.
- You can drink tea or coffee to reduce your appetite since they both work as appetite suppressants.
- Work out regularly if you want to get to your desired weight. Dedicate each day to particular muscles of your body for effective results.
- Instead of eating full meals thrice a day, it is highly recommended to eat small five to six meals per day for effective weight loss.
Pro Ana Workout
Body weight exercises are significantly effective in reducing excessive weight. However, pro ana workout includes various exercise regimes.
Here we will focus on how you can decrease fat levels by using resistance cables and weights.
Hip, Thigh, And Inner Thigh
Wrap your ankle with the resistance band on a cable machine and step away from it. Here you can put one hand on the wall to maintain stability. After this, create a wide stance with feet and begin squats while holding your abdominals tightly.
Upper Body And Lower Body
You can work on your upper and lower body using free weights or a cable machine to elevate lean muscles. First, raise your arm upwards and lower it. Secondly, move your arm onto your side while moving your body diagonally.
Abdominal And Back
Here you will require a resistance band, cable machine, or free weights. To begin, hold the resistance band with both of your hands. Stay sitting, tug the band to your knees, and make sure it touches your belly.
Arm And Buttocks
For this exercise, grab the resistance band with your hands and stretch it towards your feet till you feel the tension in your arms and buttocks.
Stomach And Lower Back
Hold the band with your hands on a cable machine and haul it towards your feet. Here stretch it till you experience some tension around your lower back and stomach.
Anorexia In Males
In the 20th century, people believed that anorexia (an eating disorder) did not affect men. However, in the 1990s, studies suggested that one in ten men had an appetite disorder. Today, roughly 10 million American men deal with eating disorders or anorexia.
Further studies involving a population associated with distorted eating behaviors revealed that extreme dieting behaviors such as anorexia increase significantly in men compared to women. Around 0.1% to 0.3% of men are likely to develop anorexia; thus, one-fourth of the population with anorexia is men.
Now that we’ve gone over anorexia in males, let’s explore the recovery meal plan for anorexic people.
Anorexia Recovery Meal Plan
Recovering from anorexia is quite daunting, and in this regard, a registered dietitian must work with you in creating a perfect anorexia recovery meal plan.
Here is an effective anorexia meal plan that will assist you in your recovery plan.
- Around 7:30, have a cup of milk, a banana, and a bowl of cereal for breakfast. After a certain period, you can incorporate eggs, toast, an apple, or a cup of bran flakes.
- Have another meal in mid-morning, for instance, around 10 a.m. You can have a cup of cottage cheese or a protein shake with some pineapples. Apart from this, you can also enjoy a boiled egg to maintain protein intake.
- At 12:30 p.m for lunch, you can include a turkey sandwich with some carrots, cheese, or celery with less fat content. After some time, you can also enjoy some fruits.
- Around 3:00 p.m, you can have another meal, such as enjoying low-fat crackers, popcorn, or pretzels.
- By 6:00 p.m, you must have your dinner. For dinner, include grilled chicken breasts, broccoli, or some noodles with butter. Plus, it is also beneficial to include some greens in your meal to make them more effective and healthy.
- At 8:30, you must have your last meal of the day. You must consume a light meal completely enriched with nutrients. For instance, an apple or a cup of yogurt is excellent.
The diet is perfect for people with stubborn fat. It eliminates fat from your body with a long-lasting and healthier effect. Its low calorie and carbohydrate intake help you in achieving your preferred weight. However, it’s recommended to consult with a doctor or a dietician before starting with a pro ana diet plan.