Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida will be hosting rallies in Sarasota and St. Petersburg tomorrow condemning the “recent disastrous Florida legislative session” and impending passage of five abortion bills into law.
The chain of clinics that provide women with reproductive health services all across the country will be protesting the five abortion bills set to be signed into law by Florida Gov. Rick Scott. Scott has been unabashedly pro-life and has expressed his commitment to singing any abortion bill that comes to his desk into law.
Five out of the six laws passed by the Florida House made their way through the Senate.
Scott is set to sign:
- A bill that will redistribute funds collected from Florida’s “Choose Life” license plates.
- A bill that requires clinics to perform an ultrasound on a woman seeking an abortion with a provision that gives women the option of hearing a description of the ultrasound or the ability to view the ultrasound.
- A bill that places tighter restrictions on a minor obtaining a judicial bypass of the mandatory parental notification for abortion.
- A state constitutional amendment to ban public funding for abortions in the state of Florida.
- A bill removing public funding for abortions in health care exchanges created by the federal health care reform bill.
The only bill that will not be making it to Scott’s desk is a bill that defined fetal viability and placed onerous restrictions, penalties, and mandates on clinics performing abortions in the state.