Dear Governor Scott:
- Was the event public or private and how was it promoted?
- Who had the authority to direct security and crowd control for the event and who made the decision to remove attendees?
- Which state employees were in attendance and were they reimbursed for travel?
- Were Sumter County Sheriff’s deputies contracted and by whom?
- Were participants removed at the request of the Governor’s Office? If so, why?
Thank you in advance for responding to these questions and providing any other information you or your staff feel is important to better understanding what exactly happened at the budget signing ceremony.