Table of Contents
Are you worried about your health because of the coronavirus pandemic?
If so, you certainly have good reason to be. In the US alone, over 170,000 people have died from coronavirus, with over 5 million cases in total. Luckily, there’s plenty that you can do to stay healthy during the pandemic and save yourself from contracting the virus.
Check out this guide to discover how to maintain optimal health during the coronavirus pandemic.
1. Wash Your Hands Frequently
Washing your hands is one of the best things you can do to stay healthy and prevent the spread of coronavirus. However, you need to make sure you’re washing your hands the right way. This mean:
- Wet your hands with water
- Lather your hands with soap
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds, making sure to scrub on your wrists and between your fingers
- Rinse your hands well
- Pat your hands dry with a clean towel
Also, remember that you shouldn’t just be washing your hands after you go to the bathroom. You should also wash your hands:
- Before preparing or eating food
- Before touching your face
- After leaving a public place
- After changing a diaper
- After handling a mask
- After touching pets or animals
- After caring for someone who is sick
- After sneezing or coughing
If you don’t have soap and water on hand, then you can use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
2. Wear a Mask
Wearing a mask is another very important element of staying healthy during this pandemic. You should wear a mask whenever you’re around others whom you aren’t quarantining with. Also, make sure that your mask covers your mouth and your nose.
Also, keep in mind that just because you’re wearing a mask, doesn’t mean you should be coming in close contact with others. You should still maintain a distance of 6 feet from others in social settings.
3. Clean and Disinfect
Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces around your home and office can also help you stay healthy during this time.
Pay extra attention to frequently touched surfaces, such as countertops, desks, keyboards, toilets, sinks, light switches, faucets, and phones. Prior to disinfecting a surface, make sure you first clean it with soap and water.
You can check out https://www.ctr-nw.com/covid-disinfecting/ to learn how to properly disinfect surfaces.
4. Maintain Your General Health
Maintaining your general health is also very important during these times. If you’ve been struggling with the mental side effects of isolation, it’s all the more important to take time to take care of your physical and mental health:
- Eating a healthy diet
- Drinking alcohol sparingly
- Exercising (there are plenty of home workouts you can do to stay in shape)
- Talking to a therapist or someone you trust about how you’re feeling
- Engaging in self-care, such as reading, taking a bath, or journaling
The more you prioritize your health, the easier this pandemic will be.
Optimal Health: Are You Ready to Get Healthy?
Now that you’ve read this guide on how to maintain your optimal health during COVID, it’s time to put these tips into action. These tips will help you stave off the virus and help you feel your best, both physically and mentally.
Be sure to check back in with our blog for more health-related tips and tricks.