If you’re a marijuana smoker, you’re sure to have stashed your stash someplace safe.

But, how safe is it if your dog knocks it over, gets into it, and eats the marijuana? How can you keep this from happening again?

Not only can having a stash eaten by your dog be inconvenient but eating marijuana can make your dog sick and even result in death.

Many people like you might be asking the same question concerning “my dog ate weed”. Keep reading to learn how you can ensure this doesn’t happen again and keep your stash safe.

Do Proper Weed Storage

Dog Ate Weed

It’s important to keep weed properly stored away from pets like dogs, who can easily access and consume it. Taking some simple steps like using airtight containers for storing cannabis or this stash jar, and high-up cabinets can help keep Fido out of your marijuana stash. Be sure to also keep an eye on your pet if they’re in the same room as you while you’re enjoying your weed – they might be tempted to go for a sniff or a taste!

Never Throw Your Weed Anywhere

We all know that dogs are curious creatures. They often put their noses where they don’t belong, which can sometimes lead to them ingesting things that are harmful to them.

It’s a good idea to keep your weed stash away from your dog because there’s a good chance they’ll find it and eat it if you don’t. There are a few things you can do to keep your dog out of your stash, so never leave it lying around where your dog can find it.

Marijuana Toxicity in Pets

Educate Yourself on the Harmful Effects of Weed on Dogs

If you’re a weed smoker, it’s important to educate yourself on the harmful effects of weed on dogs so that you can keep Fido out of your stash. Weed can be harmful to dogs in a number of ways.

It can make them extremely sick, and in some cases, it can even be fatal. The THC in weed can also be toxic to dogs and can cause them to experience extreme anxiety and paranoia.

In short, it’s important to be mindful of the potential risks of weed to dogs and to take steps to keep your furry friend out of your stash.

Bring Your Dog to the Vet

If your dog has accidentally eaten weed, don’t panic. The first thing you should do is bring them to the vet. They will be able to assess your dog’s condition and give you advice on how to proceed.

Pet Ate Weed

In most cases, your dog will be fine and will just need to be monitored for a few hours. However, if your dog is showing signs of distress, the vet may recommend more intensive treatment. They will likely need to be monitored closely and may need to be given IV fluids and other treatments to help them recover.

My Dog Ate Weed from Careless Storage – Never Allow This to Happen

Make sure to keep your weed away from your pets! No matter how safe you think it is, accidental ingestion can be harmful and even deadly for animals. Keep your weed in a safe, high place where your pets can’t reach it and never leave it lying around carelessly.

If you follow these tips, you’ll never have to end up asking, “my dog ate weed, what should I do?”

For more information and tips aside from these weed storage solutions, follow our main blog page.

You May Also Like