Who doesn’t love a little something bonus/cashback/discount on their purchases? Almost everybody loves that. Using money-saving apps and your dreams become true. The cashback may not be something that is going to make you an overnight millionaire, rather it is so trivial that it almost doesn’t make sense at first. For example, if you are getting 1% cash back for every 10 dollars you spend, does it make sense? Probably No, but if you purchase about 10000 dollars worth of goods in a year then it makes sense right?
There are different types of cashback apps available, so it might become confusing to understand which app you should use. Also the payout mechanism and threshold limit for withdrawals vary for each different app adding more to the confusion. However there are also some cashback apps wherein all you need to do is install, select your store and just buy, the cashback will be credited within a few days.
List of Money-Saving Apps
Here is a compiled list of the top 10 apps to earn cash back in the holiday season :
1. Swagbucks: By just signing up you will get 5 dollars. There are about 18 different ways to earn money using Swagbucks. You can earn SB by also completing surveys and later exchanging those SBs for cash or gift cards. If you exchange your SB for Amazon gift cards you will be getting 15% more value. Additionally, they also offer grocery coupons, but the only downside is you have to print them out and then redeem them at the store. Swagbucks also has an email support system in case you need them.
2. Shopkick: You can get a 5 dollar bonus if you earn 25 kicks. Also, you can earn up to 1 dollar extra from each store visit. Additional tasks like watching an advert video or completing quick kicks can also earn you some extra money.
3. Rakuten(Ebates): Just by signing up you can get 10 dollars. You can earn from cashback by using the Rakuten Cash-Back Visa card which is usable in every store which accepts visa card payments(offline & online both). Rakuten is a trusted Japanese company and is reliable.
4. Dosh: All the user’s data is secured using 256-bit encryption. There is a 10 dollar sign-up bonus and also for each friend you refer to they and you both get 10 dollars each. Linking your bank card will also give you a 5 dollar bonus cash. Earn up to 10 % cashback in over 1,00,000 stores. Additionally, dosh has partnered with hotel aggregators to offer you cash back for travel bookings too.
5. Rebate Key: This is a unique cashback store where you will get the cashback directly from the seller or manufacturer 35 days after placing an order. All you have to do is search for your item on the rebate key site then get redirected automatically to the Amazon website and buy the item. Now simply copy the order ID and paste it into the designated box on your rebate key account. That’s all. You can either take your rebate in the form of a cheque or PayPal or e-gift cards. To get the best deals from the rebate key click this link. (The amazon promo code will be applied automatically). Rebate key has partnered with over 35 sellers and manufacturers to offer loyalty cashback to its customers.
6. Receipt Pal: They have an app for both android and ios devices. It’s pretty straightforward, simply download the app and scan your shopping receipts or bills and connect your Amazon account. Within 72 hours you will receive your cashback. Receipt Pal is also fully compliant with data protection laws wherein applicable.
7. Drop: This app can be used for earning cashback for shopping on popular apps like Uber, Walmart, etc. Shop and earn points automatically once you’ve selected your top 5 shopping apps preference. For Dunkin Donuts 14 points equals 1 dollar. The drop also has the convenience of a dedicated customer portal to solve grievances.
8. Groupon: Probably the largest cashback company by far. Groupon offers huge discounts like up to 50 to 90 % on local services and restaurants, only the catch is a certain number of people have to purchase the deal before it expires.
9. Receipt Hog: They reward you with coins each time you upload a purchase receipt from any store and answer a few survey questions. It’s like a game where you level up as you upload more receipts. 1000 coins are 5 dollars. A 10 dollar restaurant bill will earn you 5 coins.
10. Paribus: Paribus works uniquely. Suppose you purchase a sweater online for 100 dollars and a few days later the price drops to 80 dollars. Paribus will give you back the difference of 20 dollars. That’s how it works. A pretty handy tool for everybody.