Refinancing is a banking service that allows you to take out a new personal loan in order to pay off a loan that you already have. You can refinance a personal loan in the same bank where you took it, but banks do not always agree to this and may refuse. Therefore, more often they contact another bank to get refinancing.
Typically refinance a personal loan to save money that is, to reduce the monthly payments or the term of the personal loan, more about personal loans you can check at Moneyzap. It makes sense to do this when personal loans are getting cheaper.
If you have any loan, including a personal one, this is a reason to calculate everything and understand whether it is profitable enough to refinance it. If a personal loan is a large amount, and even more so a mortgage, there is a chance to significantly reduce the burden on your budget. Just remember the main condition: you need to be a careful borrower. If you have a bad credit history, there are delays and fines, then the loan will not refinance you.
At the same time, refinancing is not charity. It is beneficial when the bank refinishes loans that fit its requirements (considering the term and amount are suitable, and the client is reliable). The bank gives a borrower money to repay a personal loan in the previous bank ahead of schedule. And then a borrower earns by receiving interest from the new client. In addition, this new loyal customer may be purchasing other financial services from a new bank.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Personal Loan Refinancing Operation
Refinancing is beneficial to a borrower first of all. Thus, you will be able to:
- Reduce the interest rate. If a loan was issued several years ago at a high interest rate, and today financial institutions offer loans at a lower cost, then it is more profitable to issue new obligations, pay off previously taken ones. Thus, you reduce the amount of the monthly payment. However, the following should be taken into account. Some banks calculate the amount of the monthly payment on a differentiated basis (annuity payments), i.e. in the first months or a year, the bulk of the interest is repaid, and in the subsequent period the body of the personal loan is paid. In this case, it is better to use refinancing as early as possible. You need to carefully study the repayment schedule beforehand.
- Reduce monthly payments. For those who find it difficult to pay a monthly payment, it is possible to exclude the occurrence of delays by refinancing. Thanks to this, it becomes possible to reduce the monthly amount by increasing the term you have a new personal loan.
- Combine several commitments into one. For those who pay multiple personal loans at different banks, it is possible to pay off old obligations and continue making payments at the same institution. There are financial companies that offer loans that can be arranged for up to 12 months at low-interest rates. The rate ranges from 0.3 to 0.9 percent per day and, most importantly, it is set for each individual based on an analysis of credit history.
How to Get Personal Loan Refinancing?
Any able-bodied citizen of the country who has a permanent job and a good credit history can use the service. When applying for a personal loan, the requirements are similar to those required in the case of a regular loan.
Having set the goal of refinancing a personal loan, you need to do the following:
- Make sure that the current loan agreement provides the possibility of early repayment;
- Choose a bank and fill out the necessary documents. Some organizations offer an easier way to fill out an application online;
- Wait for the decision on the submitted application. With a positive decision, the lender independently transfers funds to the bank in which the first personal loan was issued or issues cash for self-repayment. However, a borrower needs to check the fact of the money transfer, do not take the word of the financiers, and take a certificate on the closure of the obligations.
In order to conclude a new contract, you need to prepare the following documents:
- Passport and identification number;
- Income statement;
- Current loan agreement and payment schedule;
- Bank statement on the absence of debt;
- Pledge agreement.
In order to conclude a new contract, you will need a minimum of documents and free time. Moreover, you can apply for a personal loan online:
- Passport and identification code;
- Bank card;
- Mobile phone;
- Access to the Internet.
By filling out an application on the website and confirming your actions, you will be able to receive money on the card within a few minutes. This will allow you to quickly pay off your earlier obligations.
How Long Does It Take to Refinance a Personal Loan?
Applying for a personal loan or any other, each client tries to choose a convenient amount with the lowest interest rate. But sometimes, for various reasons, the current loan becomes too burdensome. In this case, try to contact a bank to refinance a loan to renegotiate the terms of the current loan. Refinancing is offered by most banks but the procedure is specific.
What Should Be Considered To Make a Deal Profitable?
In order for the refinancing of a personal loan to be beneficial for a borrower, it is necessary to weigh the pros and cons. It makes no sense to carry out refinancing if the principal amount on a personal loan has already been paid. Many banks use an annuity scheme in which the principal amount of interest is paid at the beginning of the term.
To make the right choice give preference to trusted credit partners. The calculation is available in the calculator on the website of any microfinance organization. The application is submitted online. If your current loan is issued, then only a passport is needed to apply for refinancing. Apply for a new profitable loan to better manage your money and pay off your personal loan faster.