Table of Contents Hide
Want to get a gummy bear implant but are unaware of the gummy bear implants pros and cons? Are you confused about the difference between gummy bear implants and regular implants?
A well-toned and contoured body is ideal. We all look for ways to tighten our muscles, tone our bodies, and get rid of fat. Whether it be breasts or other body parts, there are several ways to get that perfectly toned and contoured body, and exercise and stretching are the ways to do so.
In addition, many other non-invasive procedures have been introduced to get you in that perfect shape. Many surgical methods focus on removing excess fat from your body and giving you the best contour.
When talking about breast lift, multiple types of implants can be used to get the best lift and contour. Gummy bear implants are one of the types of implants that can be used for a breast lift.
This article will discuss “what are gummy bear implants?”, “gummy bear implants pros and cons,” the cost, and “gummy bear implants vs regular.” Keep reading ahead to learn about these implants.
Let’s start by answering the question, “What are gummy bear implants?” and learning about gummy bear implants pros and cons.
Gummy Bear Implants Pros And Cons
Before we get into the gummy bear implants pros and cons, let’s answer the question, “What are gummy bear implants?”
Gummy bear implants are one of the types of breast implants that tend to be formed within your breast after breast augmentation. As they create space within your breast, these implants can give you a natural, fuller, and firmer appearance like a normal breast.
In addition, three companies recently made these implants and are made from silicone material. Gummy bear breast implants are FDA-approved; hence, there are no safety concerns.
The FDA has approved it through multiple clinical trials, but the pros and cons of gummy bear implants will be discussed.
Anything artificial can surely give benefits for some time. However, it has different kinds of disadvantages too. This part of the article will discuss the advantages of getting gummy bear implants.
The following are some of the pros of gummy bear implants:
- One of the most significant benefits of gummy bear implants is that they maintain their shape. Unlike other implants, such as saline and non-silicone implants, gummy bear implants retain their shape. It is because these implants are made up of ultra-cohesive silicone gel. Hence, they fit well and do not sag over time, changing their shape.
- Another significant benefit of this gel is that these implants do not leak. The shell breaks on most silicone implants, revealing the contents. However, in these types of implants, the shell does not break, nor does the gel leak.
- Gummy bear implants are less likely to fold or ripple. They maintain their shape and structure and do not wear off from their attachment.
- The gummy bear implants do not result in capsular contracture. During capsular contracture, scar tissue is formed on the outline of the implant, which is risky and results in the associated risk of breast augmentation. However, gummy bear implants don’t pose any such risk.
There are many cons or disadvantages to gummy bear implants too. This part of the article will discuss some of the cons of gummy bear implants.
The following are some cons of these implants:
- One of the most significant disadvantages of these implants is that they are not economical. Gummy bear implants are the most expensive among silicone, non-silicone, and saline implants. Hence, they are not affordable, and you must save up before getting these implants.
- Another disadvantage of these implants is that they need a longer incision. A longer incision means a longer healing time and a longer recovery time. Most people avoid this gummy implant due to its more prolonged healing procedures.
- The shape of the implants is a problem as they are only available in a teardrop shape. For this reason, they protrude toward the bottom more than the top, non-uniformly.
- There is little to no chance of rotation of these implants. However, if they do, they can only be corrected through a surgical procedure.
Now that you know the gummy bear implants pros and cons, let’s go over the difference between gummy bear implants and regular implants.
Gummy Bear Implants Vs Regular Implants: Know The Difference
There are many differences between gummy bear implants and regular implants. Gummy bear implants are firmer than traditional implants.
In addition, the gummy bear implants do not change their shape compared to the conventional or regular implants. These regular implants sometimes rotate their shape and get dislodged from their position.
The traditional and gummy bear implants differ in their consistency of gel too. The gel of the gummy bear implants is thicker and has a greater gel consistency than traditional or regular implants.
The risk of leakage of gummy bear implants is lower than that of regular implants, and this is because the shell of traditional implants breaks more frequently than that of gummy bear implants.
Gummy Bear Implants Vs Regular Implants: The Cost Difference
The cost of gummy bear implants is much higher than regular saline and silicone implants. In addition, the incision made for the gummy bear implants is much longer than that of the traditional or standard implants. Hence, the healing time of the gummy bear implants is even longer than that of regular implants.
Gummy Bear Implants Cost
Since there are different kinds of implants, the gummy bear implants cost varies from person to person. However, among many other implants, the gummy bear implants cost is the greatest.
These implants are double the cost of saline implants. Although silicone implants are more expensive than saline ones, gummy bear implants have surpassed the cost of all implants. These implants range from $6,000 to $12,000 for the procedure.
There are many gummy bear implants pros and cons. When you aim to have gummy bear implants, it is recommended that you consult your cosmetic surgeon. However, the cost of these implants is greater than that of regular implants.
You might consider getting this procedure done if you have a high budget. But before that, make sure you know the gummy bear implants pros and cons.