Health News Florida’s Jim Saunders is reporting today that Florida’s Agency for Health Care Administration has decided it will not pursue an investigation of Medicare overbilling by Solantic — the chain of walk-in clinics founded by Republican gubernatorial candidate Rick Scott. Instead, the AHCA has turned the matter over to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

In an extensive feature published last Tuesday, The Florida Independent’s Tristram Korten documented allegations made by former and current Solantic employees that the company routinely billed Medicare more than what was proper, and that the company used doctors’ names and license information without their consent.

Saunders reports that

an AHCA statement released with the documents late Friday afternoon said it had determined that physician Randy Prokes’ allegations of overbilling by Solantic dealt primarily with Medicare, not the state Medicaid program. Thus the matter has been turned over to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services “for further review and possible investigation,” the statement said.

0 Shares:
Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Rick Scott vs. anthropology

In a recent interview with the Sarasota Herald-Tribune, Gov. Rick Scott says that one of his top priorities for the upcoming legislative session will be higher education reform. Though Scott has previously been vague in discussing how he wants to change the state's college system, he is now offering up some ideas: cutting funding for liberal arts education and degrees that, according to him, don't offer a good return on investment.