Table of Contents
There is a huge difference between smoking hemp flower and smoking marijuana.
Marijuana contains THC, which causes a head high. This means the smoker’s judgment is impaired. Some users report heightened paranoia or worsened symptoms of mental illness.
Hemp flower contains cannabidiol, a.k.a. CBD. CBD flower effects do not alter the mind. Instead, it provides what some call a body high. CBD may treat problems like seizures, muscle pain, anxiety, and depression.
What is the best way to get the benefits of smoking hemp flower without rolling a joint? We’ve got three tried and true suggestions for you.
Vaping CBD Flowers
The easiest method is to use a dry herb vaporizer.
Vaporizers use low heat to warm the CBD flower, releasing a gas that contains all of the flavors and important compounds. When you smoke a joint, the flower is superheated. The high heat robs the flower of its potency and creates carbon monoxide, which is dangerous.
To use a dry herb vaporizer, you grind the CBD flower. The ground flower goes into the dry herb chamber. Tip: Don’t pack it too tightly or the flower may burn. Then all you need to do it heat the vape and enjoy.
Create Your Own CBD Butter
Making CBD oil or butter is the first step to making edibles.
First, you need to decarb your CBD flower.
- Grind the flower
- Place it in a thin layer in a Pyrex dish and cover with foil
- Bake at 240*F for an hour
Making the butter is just as easy if you follow these steps:
- Melt 1 pound of butter in 4 cups of water on low heat
- Add the decarbed CBD hemp flower
- Simmer the mixture for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally
- Allow the butter to cool a little
- Strain the butter with two layers of cheesecloth
- Refrigerate the butter for a few hours
- Separate the butter from any remaining water and store in an airtight container
Now you have CBD butter you can use to create edibles.
Make a CBD Pill at Home
Creating a CBD pill gives you the freedom to get the benefits from CBD flowers easily. The process is pretty easy.
- Decarb the CBD flower as described above
- Using a double boiler, heat olive oil and the CBD flower
- Cook the oil under 300*F for 2-3 hours
- Strain the oil and let it cool fully
- Separate the vegetarian soft gel capsules
- Fill the bigger end with CBD oil using a dropper, but remember to leave a little room
- Close the capsule by inserting the smaller end
Now You Can Get All the Benefits of Smoking Hemp Flower
We all want pain relief, but not everyone wants to take the time to sit down and smoke a joint. Luckily there are many ways to get the benefits of smoking hemp flower without lighting up multiple times a day.
Yes, some of these methods take a little prep time but trust us when we say it is worth the effort. Making your own CBD products puts you in charge of the dosage and quality. You’ll get all the benefits of CBD and stay safe.