Domain name plays a big and important role in the success of a website. It helps with the branding and it certainly helps visitors to remember your site. Thus, it is highly recommendable to take a long and considerable time in choosing before the actual domain registration process. In this article, we will share some tips on how to find a good domain name for your website.
1. Make it short and simple – first of all, you need to think of a domain name that is short and simple. The shorter, the better since it is easy to type and easy to remember. Do not make it too complicated.
2. Combine words to come up with unique and witty concept – since there are already many websites in the world, not to mention domain names that are taken even these are not yet live. It is important to be creative and playful. It is a good idea to come up with combination of words to form a unique one.
3. Always check the meaning – when you combine words or made up a unique one, be sure to check the meaning. You need to check that there are no bad connotation and meanings including in any foreign languages. The meaning should be positive to avoid controversies and to keep a positive overall vibe.
4. Choose something that is easy to remember – the name should be easy to remember like when users think of the product that you offer or your niche, they can easily remember or associate with your URL or domain name.
5. It should leave a great impact – it would be nice to have a name that has strong impact to the audience to easily get their attention and eventually support.
Now, here are some things to AVOID at all cost when deciding the name for your site:
1. Hard to spell words – spelling is a big deal when it comes to World Wide Web. A wrong spelling can lead your visitors elsewhere and you do not want that to happen. So you should make sure that your domain name is easy to spell. If you need to spell the word twice and the person still didn’t get it then you need to re-consider.
2. Numbers and special characters – it is a big no-no to put numbers or special characters like hyphen in your domain name. The presence of special characters makes it harder for users to remember the domain name. You should stick with a short and simple name.
3. Long name – and finally, do not use long a name that can be difficult to type and remember. Keep it as short as possible.
It is advisable to come up with lists of desired domain names including various combinations then check at once to know which one is available and not then you decide after that. It saves you a lot of time than checking whenever you thought of a name.