Table of Contents
When we talk about camping, the first thing that comes to our mind is the tent, sleeping bag, fire starter, knife, water bottle, etc. For most people, the thought of an EDC flashlight won’t even cross their minds.
Like all camping gear, the EDC flashlight should also be included in the top 10 camping list because that is what you need in the dark.
Dark is mysterious, your flashlight is the only tool that can unleash the mystery.
Flashlight not only lights paths during night movement but also creates a sense of security. It enables campers to signal danger or even ask for help during emergencies.
In this article, we explain to you why you need a camping flashlight and how to find the best one.
Why Should You Carry A Camping Flashlight
The only use of EDC flashlights is to make your camping trips safer and more convenient. But how does it contribute to making your trip safe?
- You won’t get lost – When you have a flashlight you can wander anywhere with peace of mind. You don’t have to worry about losing your path back to the camping site nor you will need to panic when your friend vanishes in the dark wood.
- Helps You Stay Organized – If you happen to reach a campsite at night, setting up a tent can be frustrating. With the use of an EDC flashlight, you can find things quicker. The faster you find your things the better organized you’re.
- Helpful During Emergencies – Sometimes camping doesn’t go as planned. A strong wind could blow off your tent or you might get lost in the dark wood. In this situation, a flashlight can be a lifesaver. You can use the strong light to find people or use them to signal for help.
- Identifying Potential Threats – The only thing that can beat the dark is light. With the help of an EDC flashlight, you can detect wild animals, snakes, dangerous cliffs, quicksand, and more. Most animals can’t bear the strong bright blue lights, so it can come in handy in case you need to defend yourself against animals.
- Better Than a Mobile Flashlight – You can’t rely on a mobile flashlight during camping because the brightness produced by a cellphone is not enough. It can also drain your mobile battery in minutes, leaving you with no way to communicate during emergencies or when needed.
What Factors Should You Consider When Buying A Camping Flashlight?
EDC flashlights come in different sizes, battery power, and brightness. Your choice of flashlight depends on your needs and the activities you have planned for your camping trip.
Here are some factors that apply to all types of camping and hiking trips.
- Brightness – If your campaign trip doesn’t involve night trekking or night exploring, a low-lumen EDC flashlight can be a better option. Specifically for night use, heavy-duty troches with a higher lumen count can help you see more ground while walking.
- Durability – An outdoor adventure will often involve getting sweaty, dusty, wet, slipping, falling, and more. Your gears including your flashlight should be able to bear all this wear and tear.
- Size – Size matters a lot while you’re camping. Be it the size of your tent or the size of your backpack, opting for lightweight is a better option. The same goes for a camping EDC flashlight, the smaller the better.
- Recharge Ability – Depending on how long your camping trip will last you should buy a rechargeable flashlight. EDC flashlights with a USB charging option will save you a big deal.
- Waterproof – You should take into consideration the trail and weather type while planning for a hike or camping trip. If there are a lot of pools, rivers, or streams that you may have to cross then go for a water-resistant flashlight because that will be the practical purchase.
i5T Plus For Any Camping Trip
i5T Plus Olight EDC flashlight is one of the best EDC flashlights for any trekking or camping trip. It has 4 body colors, 3 LED color temperatures, and 2 patterns with a customizable EDC flashlight.
It also features a 2-way pocket clip which can be clipped easily onto a backpack strap or a pocket for better hands-free use.
It has all the major factors that make a perfect camping flashlight. Some of its unbeatable features are:
- The flashlight comes in three LED color temperatures (cool/neutral/warm white).
- It has 550~300 lumens in mode 1 and 15 lumens in mode 2.
- It can withstand a drop from up to 1.5m.
- Powered by two AA batteries that can be found everywhere, it can run up to 54 hours at 15 lumens.
- Only 89g/3.14oz in weight.
- Water-resistant up to 2m.
Getting Ready For A Camping Trip
So you see there are many practical reasons why you should carry an EDC flashlight during your camping trip. From finding something to staying safe out in the wild, there are all kinds of uses that you can find for it.
In terms of the brightness of the illumination, ease of use, and ruggedness, you can compare a cell with an EDC flashlight.
Getting ready for a camping trip, make sure to keep the flashlight at the top of your list. You will feel much safer with a flashlight, so when something moves in the dark, you don’t have to fall and trip and can see what it is.