Table of Contents Hide
The popularity of CBD Oil in the United States and other countries is at an all-time high as people are opening up to more non-conventional ways of addressing health issues. As a result, the CBD industry has experienced a massive boom in places where it is legal.
Despite the growing popularity, the most effective method of CBD oil consumption still splits camps to this day. Some scientists believe that direct ingestion is the most effective consumption method. On the other hand, more recent research has shown that inhaling CBD oil has a more significant effect on the individual.
It all comes down to personal preference; if you don’t like the taste of CBD oil, you can easily smoke it with your vape pen. You can also use other pure hemp cigarettes designed specifically for smoking CBD oil.
But before you consider switching your method of consumption, let’s take a look at some of the potential risks and benefits. We will also discuss whether it is legal to smoke CBD oil in your locale.
Can you buy CBD oil online?
The internet is a world of its own: you can buy absolutely anything if you have the money and connections. However, you must be cautious when searching for where to buy CBD oil online. It is always recommended to use a certified ‘dealer’ rather than any random online retailer.
Let’s consider the necessary info to look for when buying CBD oil online:
- The THC content. In most states of the USA, the legal limit for THC content is 0.3%. Purchasing anything above this limit will land you in trouble.
- Look out for a lab report from an independent third party. This report will demonstrate you an in-depth product analysis and confirm the CBD oil’s potency and safety.
- Confirm the constituents. If you are allergic to some substances or on medication, you must confirm the CBD oil components before completing your online purchase.
- You also need to confirm the extraction process to ensure there are no dangerous solvents that might harm you.
How old do you have to be to buy CBD oil?
Most distributors only sell CBD products to buyers above 18 years of age. But some states maintain the age limit as the legal drinking age — 21. Try to confirm the local legislation in your state before purchasing CBD oil.
Is it legal to buy CBD oil online?
According to the Farm Bill, unadulterated CBD oil is legal. However, a significant restriction is the 0.3% THC limit. Also, every state can choose to ban or legalize CBD oil pending confirmation from the USDA.
Benefits of smoking CBD oil
Before we discuss the benefits of smoking CBD oil, let’s consider the longevity and potency. You can start feeling the effects of the CBD oil within 10-20 minutes, depending on your body type and amount of product inhaled.
Now, let’s look at some of the health benefits of smoking CBD oil.
- Smoking increases the absorption rate of the substance (endocannabinoid) into the bloodstream. In case of CBD oil, the substance is disseminated from the lungs to the rest of the body within a few minutes of consumption.
- When you smoke CBD oil, you will feel calmness and overall tranquil. These qualities make smoking CBD oil a viable cure for anxiety and depression.
- CBD oil has been proven to decelerate the proliferation of cancerous cells. Some doctors also claim that CBD oil is a non-toxic repellent against breast cancer.
- The anti-inflammatory capabilities of CBD oil can also help in curtailing the appearance of acne.
It is also important to note that most of these possible treatments are still in the initial stages since CBD therapy is a relatively new concept. So, you should always consult your physician before using any of these products.
Risks involved with smoking CBD oil
Despite the glowing reviews and commendation from CBD oil smokers, many potential risks are involved in using the product. Some of these health hazards are related directly to the CBD oil components. Others are a result of the interaction with chemicals (medication) and pre-existing health conditions.
Here are common CBD oil side effects:
- When consumed in low doses, CBD oil is mostly safe. However, excessive consumption can lead to fatigue and nausea. Some patients have also complained of extreme bouts of diarrhea.
- Cannabidiol interacts with other medications, leading to liver toxicity and other possible adverse effects. Endeavor to keep your toxicity levels within the required limit with the help of your physician.
- Since the smoke and droplets go straight to your lungs, you stand a higher chance of lung disease.
- Pregnant women should avoid CBD oil because it leads to complications in pregnancy. Some women have been reported to experience CBD-induced premature births.
- You are likely to fail any drug test administered within 72 hours of smoking CBD oil.
In general, smoking CBD oil is not just a new ‘wave’ but a proven effective method of consuming the product. You can buy and administer CBD oil as long as you stay within the acceptable limit. Also, the benefits are massive, especially with patients struggling with anxiety and depression. However, you must consult your physicians about possible health risks before you start smoking CBD oil.