The much anticipated new version of the popular $35 mini-pc - The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B is here. The board made appearance at the FCC website revealing all details a few days ago and is now officially released by the foundation for ordering. Major new features include a new 64-bit ARM 8 1.2GHz Quad-core Broadcom BCM2837 CPU with on-board WiFi and Bluetooth Low Energy. Everything else remains the same, the maximum power draw has been upgraded to 2.5A@5V from 1.8A@5V to allow more power hungry USB devices without a need for a powered USB hub.
- Broadcom BCM2387 chipset, 1.2GHz Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53
- 1GB RAM
- Dual Core VideoCore IV® Multimedia Co-Processor. Provides Open GL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode. Capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24GFLOPs with texture filtering and DMA infrastructure
- 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 4.1 (Bluetooth Classic and LE)
- 40 pin GPIO
- 4x USB 2.0 ports
- MicroSD card slot
- CSI camera port
- DSI display port
- 4 pole stereo and composite video port
- New Switched power source up to 2.5A
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.