Whew. It’s been 51 days since I left home…
…I’ve eaten in airports, on airplanes, in great restaurants, in tiny sushi restaurants, in hotel rooms, and (mostly) at my desk in the ETR office in Denver.
But the best meal I had on my journey was at the TT Summit last weekend. It was a simple meal of scrambled eggs, spinach, and olive oil, followed with a bowl of pineapple and a peppermint tea.
And it was the best meal because I was surrounded with nearly 100 of my closest fitness friends, men and women who had traveled thousands of miles to share their transformation stories, to inspire and encourage one another, and to re-connect and grow their friendships that have been built year-over-year at the TT Summit.
Next year we plan to have 300 people at our event, and I really hope you’ll be one of them. You get to do fun TT bodyweight bootcamp workouts in the morning, and then we have a great breakfast before being entertained with stories of triumph over all odds.
It’s incredibly powerful. Tears (of joy) are shed. I’m not going to lie. But it’s better than any heartwarming movie you can watch on TV or Netflix.
The biggest reason people keep coming back to the TT Summit is the Positive Social Support. That’s really hard to get in real life, right?
We hang around “nice enough” people at work and in our communities, but they are always sabotaging our weight loss efforts.
They might not mean to hurt us, but the constant parade of cookies, cakes, muffins, pizza slices, hot dogs, candy bars, and sodas that they put in the break room at work, share in the after-church service receptions, or bring into our houses as gifts put a STOP to your results.
All that hard work you do during the week gets destroyed on the weekends when your friends and their junk food get in your way.
Fortunately, there are a few ways around that. The first is to step your weekends with me at the TT Summit, of course! ☺
The second is to put in place your Food Rules for Success. Let’s make some that are easy to follow for you.
Pick the right one for you, or customize your own and then add my unique – and quick – exercises to lose fat without sacrificing your all-important strength or muscle.
TT Food Rules for Success
- Do a 12-hour fast every day between dinner and breakfast.
- Stop eating 2-hours before bed (this is so you don’t eat unnecessary calories at night, and also so that you don’t suffer from the ‘silent’ heartburn epidemic that affects 40% of Americans)
- Remove 1 temptation for 30 days (i.e. booze, dairy, soda, diet drinks, etc.)
- Eat 3 servings of green vegetables per day and try a new vegetable each week
- Eat 25g (female) or 35g (male) of fiber per day
- Drink 3 liters of water per day.
- Eat 0.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight (if you are overweight) and up to 1.0 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight (if you are at your goal weight)
Those rules are quick and easy to follow and give you rapid weight loss results.
By the way, did you notice that “cut carbs” was not one of my rules?
In fact, you MUST eat carbs to lose belly flab
Read more here about the best carbs for fat loss
Let me know how it goes!
Taking care of your new and easy diet changes,
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer