Table of Contents
- How Can The 6 Sigma Strategy Bring Change To An Organization?
- 1. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Builds Commitment
- 2. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Brings About Ownership Of Projects
- 3. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Involves All Levels Of Employees
- 4. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Creates Positive Environment
- 5. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Ensures Continuous Improvement
- 6. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Enhances Business Processes
- 7. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Improves Relationships Between Employees
- 8. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Focuses On Customer Satisfaction
- 9. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Provides Opportunities For Increased Knowledge
- 10. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Provides Employees With Growth Opportunities
Organizations take many years to plan their strategies and then implement them. However, very few of these strategies deliver expected or required results by the organization. It is often noticed that changes in an organization need to be brought about through forces beyond management’s control.
It could be because the strategy was poorly planned or hardly ever implemented. If you are looking for strategies that can deliver results, then 6 Sigma is the way to go.
What is the Six Sigma Strategy?
Six Sigma is one of the most efficient ways used by organizations across the world for introducing changes in their systems and processes with a high degree of efficiency and certainty.
Organizations use Six Sigma to understand the areas of concern and make strategies for improvement.
Six sigma strategy can be defined as an approach that helps improve, sustain, and ensure consistency in an organization’s processes with minimum human intervention.
How Can The 6 Sigma Strategy Bring Change To An Organization?
6 sigma strategy for change is an approach focused on people, processes, and technology.
1. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Builds Commitment
When organizations make strategies and plans, the biggest concern is whether they will be able to implement them or not.
A Six Sigma team that works within the organization has direct access to influential people, such as senior management and decision-makers.
It is an excellent way to bring about changes as it involves maximum people in each project.
2. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Brings About Ownership Of Projects
Apart from involving people, a Six Sigma team must ensure that people become an integral part of the projects. People need to own the project, and they should be ready to contribute their best for its success.
When they are involved in the decision-making process, they will take ownership of the project. Moreover, it is also possible for them to suggest changes that can help improve results.
3. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Involves All Levels Of Employees
Organizations usually focus on the top and middle management during different projects. It is essential to involve people from lower levels and have a perception about the processes, which can help determine success.
Team members need to be made aware of the benefits of the Six Sigma Strategy & how it is going to impact them.
4. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Creates Positive Environment
An effective way to bring about changes in an organization is by creating a positive environment for all employees. The management needs to ensure that work culture and practices do not change negatively.
It should be ensured that the changes introduced to bring success through the six sigma strategy are made in a collaborative and supportive environment.
5. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Ensures Continuous Improvement
Another essential part of introducing the Six Sigma strategy is ensuring that improvements continue even after the project has been completed. Projects need to focus on continuous improvement rather than a single completion phase.
6 Sigma strategies should be planned to help achieve maximum results from the projects, which lead to sustained improvement within the organization.
6. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Enhances Business Processes
To ensure success, the Six Sigma project needs to focus on enhancing business processes within the organization. The management should be able to take advantage of the benefits offered by the six sigma strategy for change to improve performance and better customer service.
7. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Improves Relationships Between Employees
One of the main reasons organizations fail to bring changes is that there is no cooperation between the employees. Six Sigma’s strategy for change needs to focus on improving relationships and trust among employees to better results from projects.
8. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Focuses On Customer Satisfaction
Projects need to ensure that customers are satisfied and receive the expected result within the allocated period. The management should use the six sigma strategy for change to ensure that customer satisfaction is not compromised.
9. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Provides Opportunities For Increased Knowledge
Another essential reason organizations need to focus on the six sigma strategy for change is that it offers learning opportunities. Projects offer a chance to learn more about the processes and improve them to get better results.
10. Six Sigma Strategy For Change Provides Employees With Growth Opportunities
When employees are allowed to grow within an organization, they feel motivated to become more productive and give their best towards achieving success.
To achieve this, the Six Sigma strategy needs to focus on allocating projects based on employee interests to develop their knowledge and skills to achieve better career growth.