Six in the Morning: A six-pack of infobits you might have missed
By Travis Pillow | 08.31.11 | 8:06 am
- Palm Beach County is aiming at becoming the wind farm capital of Florida.
- Congressman Steve Southerland doesn’t need the job, and doesn’t get a fancier health care plan than any other federal employees.
- Congressman Allen West says he plans to straighten out Michele Bachman on drilling in the Everglades.
- State Sen. Joe Negron has introduced the a resolution that would make the state’s Education Commissioner an elected position.
- Number of the day: $17 million — Amount of money real estate interests poured into Florida elections in 2010, more than in any other state.
- Number of the day, part 2: $3 billion in four years — Amount of savings the state government efficiency task force hopes to uncover.