Six in the Morning: A six-pack of infobits you might have missed
By Travis Pillow | 08.30.11 | 7:59 am
- His name is Rick, and he has conducted “email purges” that “shroud the governor’s office from scrutiny.”
- Gov. Rick Scott is touting (and tweeting) an article that counts him on the “roster of new-breed, social-Darwinist figures” recently elected governor, who are pushing “structural change” in their states’ finances.
- As construction companies and their subcontractors wrangle over money, workers are going unpaid.
- The Justice Department has found “unconstitutional conditions” in Miami-Dade’s jail system. The Miami Herald has the story.
- Here’s how all 50 states are handling (non-)implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
- Here’s how a medical loss ratio provision in that act — for which Florida is seeking a waiver — may (and may not) benefit consumers.