Six in the Morning: A six-pack of infobits you might have missed
By Travis Pillow | 08.25.11 | 8:12 am
- Most of the home sales in Southwest Florida are now occurring without the help of credit.
- More cuts are likely for Florida’s water management districts.
- Where lobbying and new media intersect, what are the boundaries?
- Congress could learn from Florida Legislatures of yesteryear.
- Numbers of the day: 23 and 35 — Number of donors to liberal and conservative Super PACS, respectively, who accounted for 80 percent or more of their contributions. In other words, big spending on political campaigns is the province of a very select few.
- Quote of the day: “It’s not a secret. It’s just not for public consumption.” — St. Petersburg Mayor Bill Foster on his supposed plan to keep the Rays in the Tampa Bay area. The existence of a detailed plan has been called into question.